Menu

May 01, 2013

John Masters Organics Rose and Apricot Antioxidant Day Cream Review

As the weather recently changed, I was in need of a lighter moisturizer to prepare my skin before makeup. In light of the several good reviews I read, I decided to try this cream from John Masters Organics. Although the website description of the product did not highlight that it is better for normal/dry skin, (as it was instead specified on the packaging) it has actually worked very well for me. For the reference, I have sensitive, normal to combination skin, and I tend to get oily on my forehead and nose.




Consistency: This is a light to mid-weight cream. Not as light as a gel, not as thick as a heavy cream. It is easily absorbed into the skin and makes it feel instantly hydrated and supple. It does not contain any SPF.

Scent: It has a fresh, fruity (but not sweet) scent. I cannot recognize any Apricot nor Rose scent, but I absolutely love how it smells! I find it very refreshing.

Application: The manufacturer recommends applying it after cleansing and toning, and before makeup. It applies easily, and it is absorbed quickly into the skin. It leaves no residue.

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadesis (aloe vera) Leaf Juice, *Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Seed Oil, * Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Glycerin, * Butyrospermum Parkii (shea) Butter, *Rosa Damascena (rose) Flower Water, * Borago Officinalis (borage) Seed Oil, Populus Tremuloides (aspen) Bark Extract, Cetyl Esters Wax, Sodium Hylauronate, Prunus Armeniaca (apricot) Extract, * Calophyllum Inophyllum (foraha) Oil, *Avena Satina (Oat) Kernel Extract, *Oryza Sativa (rice) Extract, Malpighia Glabra (acerola) Fruit Extract, * Camellia Sinensis (white tea) Extract, * Spirulina Platensis (algae) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (wheat) Germ Oil, Prunus Persica (peach) Extract, * Rosa Damascena (rose) Flower Oil, *Tanacetum Annuum (blue Tansy) Flower Oil, * Anthemis Nobilis (roman Chamomile) Flower Oil, Xanthan Gum, Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary) Leaf Extract, * Potassium Sorbate. 

*Certified Organic 


Packaging: Glass bottle with pump.

Price: $17 - $28, on Amazon .

Final Thoughts: I like this cream as a basic moisturizer to prepare my skin before makeup. I do not use SPF unless I know that I am going to be exposed to the sun, so this cream works great for me. As I mentioned before, this is supposed to be a better option for normal to dry skin, but I have combination skin, and this one did not cause any breakouts nor greasiness. I think that it has a very lovely texture.

What is your favorite lightweight moisturizer specifically for use in Spring/Summer?Let me know in the comments below!