Menu

October 10, 2012

My Beauty Cabinet Essentials




I thought I would start my blog by writing a post about my beauty cabinet essentials. These are the things that I use the most, have used for the longest time, and I never run out of. These are plain and simple products that have stood the test of time in terms of effectiveness.
For the past few years my goal has been to find products that are safe, effective, easily accessible, and affordable.

Unfortunately, products with all these characteristics are not very easy to find. So here are my most essentials:












1. Coconut Oil


There are so many reasons why I like using coconut oil as part of my skincare routine that I will have to write a separate post about it. I use it as a facial moisturizer, eye moisturizer, lip moisturizer, make-up remover, and even more! A 15oz. jar of a good quality coconut oil can cost around 10 dollars, and lasts for a very long time.
 


2. Baking Soda


Baking soda is one of my multi-taskers. I use it as a facial exfoliator by mixing it with little water. It works very well for me. It is easy to find and it is very inexpensive. I also use it in many other ways, such as brushing my teeth, scrubbing my veggies,... You can do just so much with baking soda!
 


3. Witch Hazel


Witch Hazel is great to clear up breakouts. I do not have the tendency to breakout, but I do get some pimples when I am testing new products. I have normal to combination skin. My forehead and chin are the areas I end up having to treat, and plain witch hazel is the only thing that has truly helped me to clear out my skin quickly. I will write a separate post about witch hazel, as there are more things to know about it. It is inexpensive as well.














4. Rosehip Oil

My beloved night serum. Nothing makes my skin glow like this oil. Health stores carry it, and it is the most affordable option when compared to other safe, effective serums out there. I am going to review it soon.












5. Eyelash Curler


If I decided to give up using my make-up all together, I would still curl my lashes every day. It makes all the difference to my face.


These are my beauty cabinet essentials. There are many other products I use, but these are the things that I always keep in there and that I will probably never substitute with anything else.

What are your beauty essentials? Let me know in the comments below!