Menu

November 20, 2012

The Winning Formula: Ilia Beauty Lip Tinted Conditioners




For more Ilia Beauty reviews and swatches check out my new blog at genuineglow.com!


Having suffered of a terrible breakout for the past few weeks, I tried to stay clear of face-makeup, and instead focused on trying some lip products (I already reviewed one of them here). I have fallen completely in love with one of them from Ilia Beauty. It is called a Lip Tinted Conditioner, but for me it is something in between a lip balm, a lipstick, and a lip gloss, all in one product. The Ilia Beauty lipsticks are made with organic oils and waxes (up to 85% certified organic ingredients) and the range of shades includes some of the most popular colors, from 60s' nudes to intense pinks, and even more classic reds. I picked the shade Blossom Lady, which is described by Ilia Beauty as a muted shade of pink. I quickly recognized that buying one shade was a big mistake: I should have purchased more!

So here are my thoughts more in detail:

Packaging: Sturdy packaging in brushed metal.

Color: Blossom Lady is a nicely pigmented pink shade. It is meant to provide sheer coverage, so the color will most likely change according to the person's lip color. In my case, one layer gives me more of a baby-pink color, while more layers build up to a richer, brighter pink. Either way, it is still sheer enough for me to consider it a "nude".

Swatch on lighter side of my arm
Scent: Very slight sweet scent.

Consistency: As smooth as silk, but it feels neither greasy, nor oily on my lips. It soothes them to a comfortable level of softness. Other tinted lip balms I have tried tend to have a drier consistency and do not provide enough moisture, but this one keeps my lips conditioned for hours. The finish is sheer and glossy.
Bare lips-taken with flash
One layer
More layers



Price: $24. You can purchase it on Amazon here

Final Thoughts: Ilia Beauty has created the winning formula. Just like everybody else, I highly recommend this. I will definitely try more shades and re-purchase this one.


Do you own any lip products from Ilia Beauty? Let me know which shade is your favorite in the comments below!